Why are cocoa beans fermented?
- When cocoa beans are harvested, they taste not really like chocolate. Moreover, they are rather on the acid side, and they are especially bitter. When the beans are well fermented, sour taste and bitterness reduces and the chocolate flavor comes up.
How should I store chocolate?
- Chocolate is best stored in a dark, dry and cool place.
- For chocolates that is below 18 ° C. During the summer you may even keep them in the fridge provided the chocolates are sealed from the air. Before you eat them, let the chocolates come back to room temperature.
- Tablets are less sensitive, the maximum temperature is around 22 ° C. During the summer, you do the same as with the chocolates.
- Filled bars are subject to the same rule as for the chocolates.